RULES OF ENTRY
• Submissions to FANFARE-LA are free and open to all artists, 18 years or older. Please read all guidelines for submission and be aware of all guidelines for accepted artists so you don’t waste our and your time.
• To be considered, send three works to FanfareLAvirtualgallery@gmail.com. Works must be in JPG format, 1600 pixels on the longest side, and 72 dpi. Name each file with the artist’s name and the title of your work (Artist-Title.jpg). As a precaution, it is recommended that you have the artist name and title embedded in the metadata as well. Include a brief bio and exhibition history in your submission.
• Entries must be in the medium of Photography.
• Content must be deemed to fit within purview of Fine Art Nude, Fetish, or Risqué. No illegal acts may be depicted.
• Models must be 18 or over with signed release, including proof of age.
• All works must have titles and must be for sale.
• Submissions must be received by 6PM, Los Angeles time, on Saturday, September 8, 2018.
• Framed dimensions must be included. While there are no size restrictions, see below for information regarding works wider than 36”.
• Selected artists will be notified the second week of September, 2018. Subsequent announcements will be made on FANFARE-LA.com.
• All work must be for sale. You price your work. FANFARE-LA will not take a percentage of your sales. You will keep 100% of your sales.
• If selected, you must immediately submit your participation fee to FANFARE-LA in the amount of $475. FANFARE-LA operates as a break-even endeavor. This fee, combined with the fees from other participating artists, will go toward the rental of the large exhibition space for FANFARE-LA within Photo Independent.
• If you attend the event, you can process your own sales however you wish (Square, Apple Pay, cash, etc.). If you don’t want to deal with it or cannot be there, Photo Independent will process your sales for a nominal fee.
• Selected artists must provide FANFARE-LA three prints, framed and ready to hang with wire on the back. Your print may not exceed 36” wide. If you want to do fewer larger prints or a higher number of smaller prints, we can discuss this after your selection.
• Selected artists must either drop off and pick up work during designated times at Photo Independent, or must ship work to the event with a return shipping bill included at their expense.
• Selected artists will receive complimentary passes to the opening night premiere and the festival. They will also receive discount tickets for collector mailing lists.
LIABILITY: Artwork will be handled with reasonable care. FANFARE-LA and its representatives will not be responsible for loss, theft, or damage of artworks while in the exhibition’s possession or in transit. FANFARE-LA reserves the right to reproduce accepted artwork for publicity and documentary purposes. FANFARE-LA may allow researchers and commercial filmmakers to use the gallery as a backdrop. All of these rights extend to Photo Independent and its representatives. All copyrights of the artwork are retained by the artist.
AGREEMENT: The submission of entries to this exhibition shall be understood to constitute an agreement on the part of the artist to all rules and conditions as set forth in this document or otherwise specified by FANFARE-LA.
DISCLAIMER: Entries not meeting the criteria listed herein will be disqualified and the participation fee will not be refunded.
QUESTIONS: Contact us.