EARLY ENTRY DEADLINE:
All images and entry fees must be received by November
LATE ENTRY DEADLINE: All images and entry fees must be received by December 2, 2013.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all artists, 18 years or older.
• Entries must be in the medium of Photography.
• Submission may include up to 10 photographs.
• Submission must be all original photographs—differently edited versions of the same photo are ineligible.
• Content must be deemed to fit within purview of Fine Art Nude, Fetish, or Risqué. No illegal acts may be depicted.
• Models must be 18 or over with signed release, including proof of age.
• All works must have titles.
• All works must be for sale and must have prices set at the artist’s discretion.
• Submissions must be the original work of entrants and cannot include or be based upon other intellectual property unless artist has signed release on file for included intellectual property.
• Framed dimensions must be included. While there are no size restrictions, see below for information regarding works wider than 36”.
ACCEPTED WORK—FANFARE-LA GALLERY SHOW:
• If selected, artist is guaranteed at least 50% of the submitted works will be accepted for hanging in the physical space of the FANFARE-LA gallery show at Hamilton Galleries, running from January 30, to February 2, 2014. Works selected for exhibition shall be chosen by FANFARE-LA from the artist’s 10 (or fewer) submissions. Please note that works larger than 36” wide are welcome, but due to limited physical gallery space, such works may be counted as double in meeting the minimum guarantee of works displayed by each artist.
• Frames, mats, and wiring must be professional quality. No saw-tooth hangers. Wiring must be in good condition and substantial enough for the weight of the artwork.
• Delivered work must match the digital image submitted. Substitutions of accepted works will not be allowed.
• All accepted work must remain at the gallery for the duration of the exhibit.
• All photographic prints must be signed and numbered limited editions.
• For the duration of FANFARE-LA, accepted works must be exclusively available to the exhibition. No other versions or editions of accepted works may be for sale during this period through any channel.
• Accepted artists will receive instructions for shipping and hand delivery. There is a $20 per artist handling charge for shipped work. Shipping costs and insurance are the responsibility of the artist. A pre-paid return shipping label or air bill is mandatory. Only reusable shipping containers are allowed—no wood crates or Styrofoam peanuts.
• Accepted artists are required to pay a $250 non-refundable gallery fee. The cost of the entry fee shall be deducted from the gallery fee.
• Accepted artists will be invited to participate in the FANFARE-LA gallery store, featuring unframed prints, greeting cards, and books.
ACCEPTED WORK—FANFARE-LA “VIRTUAL” GALLERY:
• If selected, artist is guaranteed all (up to 10) of the submitted works will be accepted in the virtual space of the FANFARE-LA online exhibition at www.FANFARE-LA.com, running from January 31, to February 28, 2014.
• No additional delivery is required for participation in the virtual gallery; however, all virtual art must be for sale as framed, signed and numbered limited editions. Works sold through the virtual gallery that are on display as part of the FANFARE-LA show at Hamilton Galleries will be shipped by FANFARE-LA to the buyer, with a charge for shipping and handling passed on to the buyer. For works sold that are not part of the show at Hamilton Galleries or which have already been returned to the artist after the conclusion of that show, artist is responsible for drop-shipping directly to buyer for sales generated through the FANFARE-LA virtual gallery. In cases where the artist is responsible for drop-shipping, FANFARE-LA will add a reasonable shipping and handling charge to the transaction, to be paid by the buyer and forwarded to the artist.
• For the duration of the virtual gallery portion of FANFARE-LA, accepted works must be exclusively available to the exhibition. No other versions or editions of accepted works may be for sale during this period through any channel. Artists are only obligated to commit one edition of the photographic print to FANFARE-LA. However, at the discretion of FANFARE-LA and the artist, available additional editions may be sold through the virtual gallery.
SALES: All work must be available for sale. There is a 30% commission to FANFARE-LA on sales during the exhibition and 30 days subsequent to the close of the exhibition. No work may be removed from the gallery until the close of the exhibition.
LIABILITY: Artwork will be handled with reasonable care. FANFARE-LA and its representatives will not be responsible for loss, theft, or damage of artworks while in the exhibition’s possession or in transit. FANFARE-LA reserves the right to reproduce accepted artwork for publicity and documentary purposes. FANFARE-LA may allow researchers and commercial filmmakers to use the gallery as a backdrop. All copyrights of the artwork are retained by the artist.
AGREEMENT: The submission of entries to this exhibition shall be understood to constitute an agreement on the part of the artist to all rules and conditions as set forth in this document or otherwise specified by FANFARE-LA.
DIGITAL FILES: Submitted work must be saved in JPG format, RGB color, 300 dpi resolution. The longest dimension should not exceed 1200 pixels (4 inches). Submitted work should be correctly oriented (vertical or horizontal). File size should not exceed 3MB per image. Please note that technical assistance in preparing your files is not available. Files can be easily prepared using the Image Size function in Adobe Photoshop or commonly available shareware, such as Graphic Converter.
IMAGE LABELING: JPG files MUST BE saved as follows: LastName_FirstName_ImageTitle.jpg EXAMPLE: Lopez_Jane_FancyTitle.jpg
ENTRY PROCEDURE AND FEES (ONLINE ONLY): All entries must be submitted online at www.FANFARE-LA.com, per the above entry deadlines. Early entry fee is $25 for up to ten works. Late entry fee is $45 for up to ten works. One entry per artist. Additional works cannot be added to a previously submitted entry, regardless of whether the entry deadline has passed. Entry fee of accepted artists will be credited toward the gallery fee. All fees are non-refundable and payable through PayPal.
PREMIERE PARTY: All entrants, regardless of acceptance, will receive a pass for two to the FANFARE-LA Premiere Party on the evening of Friday, January 31, 2014 at Hamilton Galleries.
DISCLAIMER: Entries not meeting the criteria listed herein will be disqualified and the entry fee will not be refunded.
NOTIFICATION: Accepted artists will be notified no later than December 15, 2013. Gallery fee must be received from the artist by January 5, 2014.
QUESTIONS: Contact us.